Education & Admissions
- J.D., 2000 –The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- A.B., 1996—William Smith College, summa cum laude
- 2000 United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- 2001 United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- 2001 United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Awards & Affiliations
- 1994 James Mickel Williams Prize
- 1995 Omicron Delta Epsilon
- 1996 Phi Beta Kappa
- 1996 Blair C. Currie Prize in Economics
- 2000 Public Service Fellow
- 2000 West Publishing Clinical Programs Award
Lorree was born and raised in the Finger Lakes region of New York. She is graduated summa cum laude from William Smith College in Geneva, New York 1996 with a double major in Economics and East Asian Studies. While at William Smith College, Lorree earned membership in Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Epsilon honor societies, the James Mickel Williams Prize, and the Blair C. Currie Prize in Economics.
In 2000, Lorree received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. While in law school, Lorree studied comparative law at Oxford University, was a judicial extern for Judge R. Guy Cole, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and volunteered with the Pro Bono Research Group. All three years of law school, Lorree participated in the IRS’s Volunteer Tax Assistance program, running the program at the Moritz College of Law in her third year of law school. Lorree participated in the civil law clinic during her third year of law school, performing well enough to earn the West Publishing Clinical Programs Award. She started law clerking at Williams & Petro Co., L.L.C., Williams & Schoenberger Co., L.L.C. predecessor, in February 1999, and became an associate there upon passing of the bar in 2000.
Lorree and her husband, Chris, have one son. Lorree and her family love to travel throughout the U.S. with goals of visiting all 50 states and all national parks. She is active in her parish, St. Joseph, Plain City, Ohio, serving in a variety of positions. She is a member of the Columbus Bar Association and Ohio State Bar Association, and a former member of the Franklin Inns of Court.