Our insurance defense practice has been the backbone of W&S since it was founded in 1998. We take pride in our extensive knowledge and legal expertise in all areas of insurance litigation, and we are committed to providing remarkable legal services to every client regardless of the size of the company or complexity of the issue. We place a particular emphasis on early case evaluation and providing consistent communication to optimize efficiency throughout the litigation process.
Our insurance defense attorneys are well prepared to handle a variety of insurance related claims. The volume and variety of cases in our insurance defense portfolio has allowed us to develop a sophisticated and successful practice group that insurers desire to manage all of their insurance related needs.
We understand that timely reporting and compliance with all litigation guidelines is necessary for an efficient claims adjusting process and we make the same a priority. We strive to be partners with our clients in an effort to provide the best legal services possible.
- High Value Tort – Unfortunately, many accidents result in a catastrophic loss, such as death, loss of limb, or traumatic brain injury. When the potential risk for our clients is this high, W&S has the experience and the people to aggressively handle the defense. When the worst type of accidents occur, our exceptional services can make the difference from the initial incident through trial.
- Corporation Litigation – Our Corporate Litigation practice encompasses a broad spectrum of business disputes including breach of contract, insurance and claims disputes, product liability claims, professional liability claims, and general liability defense for business owners and operators. We recognize the impact that litigation can have on a business and evaluate every claim from both a litigation and business perspective to ensure the best results for our clients.
- Bad Faith – Despite their diligence and earnest efforts to adjust claims, our clients’ claims handling and settlement practices are sometimes attacked. W&S is prepared to guide our clients through all aspects of bad faith litigation and advise them on process and procedures to avoid such litigation in the future.
- First Party Claims –When insurers and their insureds disagree about whether a claim is covered or how it is valued, we offer independent analysis of policy language, coverage issues, and the applicable law. When the contract terms and legal precedent support the insurer’s position on coverage, we are zealous advocates for the court’s construction and application of the policy language as written.
- Liquor Liability – W&S defends claims against bars, restaurants, and other establishments that serve alcohol. Our attorneys are experienced in handling a variety of claims made pursuant to the Ohio Dram Shop Act. Due to our experience in the litigation process, many clients retain our services once they discover the possibility that a claim may be made. We place a premium on early investigation, including interviews of all employees, patrons, and management to try and reach a favorable result for our clients.
- Probate Litigation – W&S guides our clients through every step of the probate process to memorialize wrongful death claim settlements, as well as settlements of claims involving minors as required under Ohio law. W&S attorneys are routinely called upon to provide our clients with seminars and guidance in this area to ensure each settlement is properly executed to protect the insured and insurance company.